Asims Chemist based in Sneinton, Nottingham is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
***PLEASE WEAR A FACEMASK TO ANY INTERVIEW IN A HEALTHCARE SETTING**
The post holder will be a people person and demonstrate a welcoming and friendly approach when assisting customers on the counter; you will also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in the pharmacy. If you are enthusiastic and willing to succeed in the pharmaceutical sector, this role is perfect for you.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialized products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/02/2022
Possible start date: 01/03/2022
- Experience of using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear, polite telephone manner
- eam working Interpersonal skills
A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent Functional Skills Level 1).
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/pharmacy-services-assistant-v1-0
- Functional Skills if required up to Level 2 in maths & English
- Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an
- End Point Assessment Please refer to above link for more information
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to do a pharmacy services assistant apprenticeship? Please state what personal skills and/or any experience you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this role.
For the purposes of shortlisting your commute to work, please state whether or not you will be using public transport, or drive and have access to your own vehicle.
Asim’s Chemist is a welcoming and busy pharmacy based in Sneinton, dealing with NHS prescriptions and offering an array of other services to its local community.
14-16, Colwick Rd
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday and every other weekend. Full range of shifts between 9am - 6.30pm (TBC)
(36.00 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Due to a known issue with the National Apprenticeship Service vacancy V1 data API, some wage values displayed on our apprenticeship vacancy listings may differ compared to the Find an Apprenticeship service. When applying for a vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service the correct wage value will be shown on their listings. — Read more about this API issue