Newhall Pharmacy, based in Newhall, Swadlincote, South Derbyshire, is offering an enthusiastic and friendly candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. Please apply ASAP as we are ready to interview as soon as we receive some suitable applications.
Working shifts will be around the pharmacy opening hours.
Hours: Monday 8:30am - 6:30pm, Tuesday 8:30am - 6:30pm, Wednesday 8:30am - 6:30pm, Thursday 8:30am - 6:30pm, Friday 8:30am - 6:30pm Saturday 9am - 1pm, Sunday Closed
The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their small but busy pharmacy.
Main duties that you will be trained to do include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving, and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products, providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing, and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques, and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning; therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/01/2022
Possible start date: 06/01/2022
- Good communication skills
- Pay attention to detail
The employer has requested only to have applications sent where the candidates have maths & English GCSEs, minimum grade 4 or C (or equivalent or Functional Skills Level 2). If you are looking to progress to a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician at some point in the future you will also need a Level 2 pass or GCSE grade 4/C minimum in any science subject
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you feel you have that makes you a good candidate for this apprenticeship and why you want to work in a pharmacy.
For the purposes of shortlisting, your commute from home to the employers address only, please state whether you drive and have your own car or have access to transport.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Saturday, exact working pattern to be confirmed by employer
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).