Nottingham Trent Students’ Union is offering a fantastic opportunity for a candidate wishing to complete their level 3 Accountancy Apprenticeship. Working within a small but fast paced team, you will be required to provide support in all aspects of accounting functions.
Nottingham Trent Students’ Union based on the Clifton Campus is offering a fantastic opportunity for a candidate passionate about furthering their career in accountancy. You will gain exposure in multiple areas pivotal to a finance role, allowing you develop your level 2 skills further.
You will be responsible for the duties below:
- To enter transactions on our accounting software in an efficient and timely manner
- To accurately process invoices/credit notes and payments/receipts
- To reconcile control accounts to ensure they show an accurate reflection of the Unions assets and liabilities
- To manage the sales ledger, including debt collection
- To manage the purchase ledger and staff expense system
- Sort and distribute post as received, faxing and photocopying as required
- Deal with finance related enquiries from the general public and employees
- Maintain efficient filing systems and ensure adequate Finance Department stationery supplies
- To accurately complete cashiering duties
- To ensure compliance with Financial Regulations and Procedures
- Maintain spreadsheets and schedules as necessary
- To prepare ad-hoc analysis and other financial reports as required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/10/2019
Possible start date: 14/10/2019
- Working towards an AAT qualification
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Accuracy and attention detail
- You will also need problem solving abilities and highly developed organisational skills
Maths and English 9 - 4/A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) essential.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Please note that this role may be adapted to include additional duties and responsibilities should we receive suitable applications from candidates who are able to level at level 3.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and day release 1 day per week.
Candidate must be available to start as soon as possible. Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
Apprenticeship in Accounting with AAT Level 3.
The training will involve college attendance of one day per week, to be counting in the full working hours.
Opportunity for a full time role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Run by students for students, Nottingham Trent Students' Union (NTSU) could be a huge and exciting part of your university experience.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Assistant Accountant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).