This apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to learn all about the business with varied responsibilities, working with a great team. As the administration apprentice you would provide a comprehensive reception service for the Academy including working with all staff, parents and stakeholders.
• Provide a comprehensive reception service for the Academy including working with all staff, parents and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide 1st level advice and reception service, both face to face and on the telephone, to parents, carers
and other callers to the school.
· To ensure that callers and visitors to the academy are dealt with in a friendly and courteous manner and
that they or their queries are directed to the appropriate member of staff.
· To ensure that the academy’s standards of customer care are achieved.
· To ensure accuracy and confidentiality in dealing with requests and maintaining records.
· To ensure all post received is handled appropriately and post is ready for collection.
· To ensure all parcels are recorded and dealt with immediately and the relevant person informed.
· To ensure that all reception notice boards are updated in a timely manner.
· To ensure that all allocated regular or scheduled administrative tasks and record updates are performed on time.
· To comply with the appropriate government and academy policies, procedures and systems.
· To follow the requisite procedures and legislation regarding confidential information, e.g. the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
· To be proactive in the implementation of the academy’s Equal Opportunities policy, Health & Safety regulations and Environment Protection policies.
· Provide routine clerical support including word processing and other IT based tasks, photocopying, filing, emailing and minute / note-taking.
· Collation and maintenance of pupil details both manual and computerised.
· Administration of pupils’ admission procedures.
· Assist with the arrangements of hospitality across school.
· Process routine administration for school diary.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/10/2022
Possible start date: 07/10/2022
- Team working
- Team working
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- friendly and approachable
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity
- Punctual at all times
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English A*-C/ 9-4 (Desired)
Business Administrator Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-
Functional Skills level 1 / 2
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Huntingdon Academy, Part of L.E.A.D Academies Trust, is a primary school based in Nottingham. Their focus is on meeting the individual needs of every child to ensure they develop the skills they need to reach their full potential and be ready for next phase of their academic journey. We encourage parents / carers to be involved in their children’s learning as much as possible, and to work in partnership with us for the benefit of their children.
Alfred Street Central
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday – Friday 8am-4.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).