To support the purchasing team, to ensure the efficient and consistent delivery of essential tasks within the department. The apprenticeship will offer the opportunity to learn about the business, levels of responsibility and experience within a fast-paced procurement role within the IT sector.
As the administration apprentice you will be a pivotal member of the team providing support to senior members of the team.
Day to day duties will include:
- Use of Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Use of a task management system to prioritise work and complete in a timely manner
- Support the purchasing team to complete tasks and help manage internal applications such as PMS and Salesforce
- Maintain and update an approved supplier database and supplier records
- Assist the team and wider business with stock code creation / obsoletion and maintenance
- Update pricing using supplier portals, feeds and price uploads
- Ensure outstanding purchase orders have an accurate ETA on the ERP system in which notes are clearly recorded
- Place low risk/value orders with suppliers, obtaining written confirmation that the order has been processed
- Assist the team to ensure vendor warranties are purchased and registered within specified time frames
- Run customer and internal business reports
- Help the department with ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 compliance by managing supplier portals to ensure only active company
users are registered with the correct admin permissions
- Assist with supplier KPI’s to monitor and evaluate supplier performance such as quality, availability and cost’s as per departmental policy
- Answering supplier phone calls and assisting with queries
- Any other admin related tasks
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 12/12/2022
Possible start date: 13/12/2022
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Positive Attitude
- Works with diligence
- Desire to learn
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English A*-C/ 9-4 (Desired)
Business Administrator Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeshipstandards/business-administrator-v1-0
Functional Skills level 1 / 2
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Having recently been awarded the CRN Reseller of The Year Award 2021 our business continues to grow from strength-to-strength as we add too and develop our product and service offerings for today’s market and our
The Old Mill High Church Street New Basford
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).