SPX Opticians are looking to recruit a hardworking administrator to join them, working in their busy independent opticians based just outside of Nottingham.
Day to day duties will include:
- Support with staff training
- Minute meetings
- Complete a project toward the apprenticeship
- Produce accurate records and documents
- Use of Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel
- Be the first point of contact for customers over the phone and in the opticians
- Understand and use internal policies
- Basic understanding of business finance
- Sending paperwork to customers
- Contacting customers to make them aware their glasses are ready
- Booking appointments
- Filing customer records
- Setting up and carrying out pre-testing
- Dispensing with supervision
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Utilise special product knowledge when required
- Provide customer service within the shop
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 20/10/2021
Possible start date: 21/10/2021
- Microsoft office proficient (including Excel and Word)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Very strong attention for detail and accuracy
- A*-C/9-4 maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable, but not essential
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Business Administrator standard level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0
- Functional Skills level 1/2
- Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
SPX is a dynamic independent opticians with the latest state of the art optical equipment focused to give the highest level of eye ware with the most iconic brands in store including RayBan, Prada, Gucci & Armani.
373 Nuthall Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.15pm, Saturday 8.45am to 2.45pm.
(38 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).