Assisting the office manager in all administration aspects of the business contributing to the delivery of support services to the engineering team and directors as required.
Day to day duties will include:
- Assist office manager with company accounting including the processing of invoices and expenses, sales invoicing and accurate use of the Sage accounting system, credit control activities, contributing to the development of any marketing initiatives, events and website/social media updates
- Answer telephones and effectively deal with or direct the calls, to include; taking client instructions, liaison with estate agents/tenants, responding to customer queries
- Ensure instructions are recorded and communicated to the appropriate individual/team
- Provide research, analysis and written reporting as requested to enable effective decision making
- Format and ensure the accurate recording and presentation of reports in the relevant formatted documents
- File data, storing and retaining appropriate paper and electronic documentation
- Ensure routine housekeeping is performed and the maintenance of data is in accordance with data protection and legislation
- Arrange, participate and facilitate in meetings as required
- Provide administrative support to all team members and perform general office duties as required
- Support document controller in tasks related to document control
- Promote HWA ways of working by consistently displaying the company behaviours
- Use of Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word & PowerPoint, document management system and Sage 50 to produce accurate records/documents including; emails, letters, files payments and receipts
- Prioritise tasks and completing in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members, clients, contractors, suppliers and customers of HWA
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the office manager, directors or engineering team
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 23/09/2021
Possible start date: 29/09/2021
- Microsoft office proficient (including Excel and Word)
- Customer service focused with good listening skills
- Excellent time management
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Pro-active and highly organised
- Smart, personable, confident with a professional manner
A*-C/9-4 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Business Administrator Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0
Functional Skills level 1/2.
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
How will you access this position on a daily basis?
HWA are a structural and civil engineering consultancy in Nottingham currently with 9 staff and 2 partners. As a well-established consultancy, the HWA philosophy centres on demonstrating the positive and valuable difference that good engineering can make to a project. Our focus of operation is on projects with construction values ranging up to £20m and in many varied sectors including student accommodation, care homes, commercial & industrial, retail & domestic.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).