Nottingham College are one of Nottingham's largest employers. Spanning across the City they offer further and higher education courses to all. Nottingham College are looking to recruit an Exams Officer who will study toward the Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship.
The role is to include;
- Undertake the timely and accurate input and maintenance of all student Exam and achievement records held on the College Student Records System and other related systems.
- Organise, plan and deliver Exams following statutory Awarding Body rules, regulations, and deadlines.
- Record, apply for, and put in place learners Access Arrangements entitlements in line with JCQ and Awarding Body rules and deadlines.
- Claim student achievements, and distribute physical and electronic copies of results and certificates.
- Ensure all processing adheres to funding rules, audit requirements and College Policies
- Use College reporting tools to track and monitor compliance with funding rules, audit requirements and College Policies
- Provide high levels of support to students, tutors and managers, ensuring high standards of customer care at all times
- Action validation error reports to ensure accuracy of data
- Help improve team processes and procedures with the Team Leader
- Establish and maintain appropriate filing systems both in electronic and paper based format including individual student and programme files.
- To contribute to the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of the College
- Ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the college
- Deliver on key performance indicators across the College, aiming to deliver continuous improvement
- Promote the College with employers, sector bodies, schools and the local community, developing effective partnerships with employers, the funding agencies and other representative bodies
- To proactively promote Safeguarding practice, EDI and Health and Safety.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 13/12/2021
Possible start date: 15/12/2021
- Exceptional communication skills
- Pro-active approach to workload
- Able to promote the college in a professional manner
A*-C Maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential
Business Administrator Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0 Functional Skills Level 1-2 as required Please note you will be expected to attend day release at Nottingham College's campus Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
How will you be travelling to and from the location on a daily basis?
Have you got any administration experience?
Employer informationA large multi-site College offering both further and higher education courses within Nottingham and the wider East Midlands area.
The Adams Building
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday â€“ Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).