Administration Assistant Apprentice
Huntingdon Academy are looking for confident, reliable, and eager to learn and to work as part of their team ensuring the very busy school office runs efficiently, whilst maintaining a friendly and professional service to the community, colleagues and governors. To role model high standards, as the first point of contact. Ensuring that all visitors are welcomed in a polite and professional manner, maintaining full compliance with the Visitors/Contractors and On-Site Checks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General administration duties, such as preparing letters, texts and handouts.
Ensure that Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance underpins all interaction with visitors, contractors, and agency staff on site.
E-mail management and responding where appropriate.
To process the school dinner systems in place within the academy.
Providing an accurate and confidential administrative service, including typing of correspondence, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Dealing with incoming correspondence including calls, post, and e-mails in a professional manner.
Undertaking ad hoc projects.
Ensure the office and entrance area is well presented, tidy and organised.
Process online payment system for parents to pay for trips/afterschool clubs etc.
· Provide 1st level advice and reception service, both face to face and on the telephone, to parents, carers and other callers to the school.
· To ensure that the academy’s standards of customer care are achieved.
· To ensure accuracy and confidentiality in dealing with requests and maintaining records.
· To ensure that all allocated regular or scheduled administrative tasks and record updates are performed on time.
· To comply with the appropriate government and academy policies, procedures, and systems.
· To follow the requisite procedures and legislation regarding confidential information, e.g. the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
· To be proactive in the implementation of the academy’s Equal Opportunities policy, Health & Safety regulations, and Environment Protection policies.
· To provide hospitality for visitors to school
· To support and work alongside the attendance providing admin support.
Influencing and Managing Relationships:
• L.E.A.D. Central Support
• External agencies
• Parents and carers
• Senior Leadership Team
Other Academy Specific Responsibilities:
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with above key responsibilities.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and individually take responsibility for doing so.
At L.E.A.D we have a strong vision and four core principles, to lead, empower, achieve and drive, which you will be expected to demonstrate in your working practices.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 31/03/2023
Possible start date: 17/04/2023
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English A*-C/ 9-4 (Desired)
Business Administrator Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0
Functional Skills level 1 / 2
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Huntingdon Academy is a warm and happy school. All children are challenged, nurtured, and inspired to achieve highly and make a positive contribution to society.
Alfred Street Central
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday – Thursday 8am-4.00pm.
Total hours per week: 37
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).