A friendly local salon where you will always be guaranteed a warm welcome by all members of our team, The Strand is a busy and successful salon in Edwalton. They are looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take that next step in the industry and earn their level 3.
Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments
- Meeting and greeting clients, making refreshments
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements
Carry out hair-styling functions such as:
- Dry and style hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, condition, treat hair & scalp
- Set and dress hair
- Style and finish hair
- Cutting and blow-drying hair
- Colouring hair
Throughout your apprenticeship you will attend college once a week, you will be assessed in the workplace and in our training salon.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week on a Monday for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/09/2019
Possible start date: 16/09/2019
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and be willing and able to follow instructions from others
- GCSE Grades 9-4/A*-C in maths and English or equivalent desirable but not essential
- Level 2 qualification in hairdressing
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
* * Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.* This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will also attend college in Nottingham one day per week.
- Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 2 if required)
Unisex hairdressers The Strand styles the hair of the men and women of the Edwalton area.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.