Aspley Dental Practice are looking for a friendly Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team of expertise at their practice based in Aspley, Nottingham. If you are looking to start your career as a dental nurse, this is an opportunity not to be missed. The college start date is 18th March so please apply ASAP.
Within this role as apprentice dental nurse you will gain exposure to multitude of treatments and develop a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 29/04/2021
Possible start date: 04/05/2021
- Effective teamwork and communication using a range of skills
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks
- An understanding of impact of their work on others
- Ability to adapt to change
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English or Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent qualifications.
- Dental Nurse Standard Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths or English if required
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please say why you want to do a dental nursing apprenticeship. What personal attributes and/or skills do you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this role?
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against your commute to work only please state whether or not you drive and have your own vehicle or will be using public transport.
Aspley Dental Practice is an established dental practice, providing a comprehensive range of general dental care and advanced dental treatments in Aspley, Nottingham.
347 Aspley Lane
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Tuesday - Friday. Full range of shifts between 8.45am -5.30pm (TBC).
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).