Allestree Dental Practice in Derby is recruiting a friendly and approachable Apprentice Dental Nurse, where you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed.
Allestree Dental Practice in Derby are looking for a friendly and welcoming Dental Nurse to join their busy practice.
- Working chairside with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure health and safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all health & safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required including working on reception
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the dental practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the dental practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/09/2021
Possible start date: 04/10/2021
- Ability to work on own initiative and to work as a team
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to multi-task in an organised manner
- To have an interest in the medical/healthcare environment
- Attention to detail
- GSCEs grade A*-C/9-4 in English and maths (or equivalent or Functional Skills Level 2)
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college, next cohort due to start 6th October 2021.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing Diploma
- Functional Skills maths or English Level 2 if required
Upon successful completion of the programme, registration with the General Dental Council will be applicable to all qualified Dental Nurses.
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to do a Dental Nursing Apprenticeship? What personal attributes and/or skills do you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this role?
For the purposes of shortlisting your commute from home to the employer's address, please say whether you will be using public transport or drive and have access to your own vehicle.
Allestree Dental Practice is a caring modern family practice located in a suburb of Derby, and has been providing high quality dentistry with outstanding continuity of care and service to the local community since 1971.
Park Farm Drive
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
4 to 4.5 days per week 8.15am to 5pm with 1 late night till 7pm. Days TBC.
(32 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
£192.00 - £216.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).