A fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to continue their career within the hairdressing industry. Whilst learning the advanced apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to be mentored by Sid Sottung and his team. You will have the opportunity to attend and work on hair shows, photo shoots and fashion shows throughout your apprenticeship.
This is not your average hairdressing apprenticeship vacancy. Before applying for this role please research the Sid Sottung Barbering Academy and the Haus of Sottung.
Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments
- Meeting and greeting clients, making refreshments
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- General housekeeping duties
- Talking to clients about their requirements
Academy Duties - Haus of Sottung has a barbering academy. You will be required to undertake certain roles within.
Carry out hair-styling functions such as:
- Creative cutting
- Colour correction
- Building your own client base
- More complex cutting and styling
- Creative styling and dressing techniques
- More complex colouring skills including consulting clients to reach desired outcome.
Throughout your apprenticeship you will attend college once a week, once you are competent and have been assessed by an assessor in the workplace you will be given more responsibilities, this does take time and patience.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week on a Monday for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/10/2019
Possible start date: 23/10/2019
- Ability to follow instructions
- Work as part of a team
- A desire to learn
- GCSEs grades A*-D/9-3 (or equivalent qualifications) in maths and English, desirable but not essential
For further information on the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early *
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Training to be provided:
- Advanced (Level 3) Hairdressing Apprenticeship Framework
- Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
Potential full-time job upon completion
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have access to your own car?
Do you have a full, clean UK driving licence?
Haus of Sottung is an eco-friendly and fashion-forward hair salon in the heart of Sherwood, Nottingham. Sid Sottung also owns and teaches in his own barbering academy based from the two sites.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.