Chill Air are keen to recruit an apprentice Air Conditioning Technician to work with their highly experienced team to help support the new projects they are engaged in. This is a practical, technical role working at a variety of client locations.
The Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Engineering Technician is a specialist occupation involved in planning, preparing and safely carrying out work activities on Air Conditioning systems in a range of locations. Once qualified, a competent technician will work without any immediate supervision and liaises effectively with other trades and end users.
The role includes (but not limited to):
- Learning and mastering the installation of systems
- Positioning and fixing pipework
- Testing and fault finding
- Monitoring performance to ensure systems are maintained to provide maximum performance and efficiency
A technician is required to be familiar with industry Codes of Practice and other sources of information where UK safety and environmental legislation are key drivers of the rapid changes in technology and processes with the sector.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 31/10/2019
Possible start date: 01/11/2019
- Able to follow clearly given instructions and demonstrate good attention to detail
- A safety first approach - where risks are identified and steps immediately taken to remove their impact
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly under pressure and to agreed deadlines and able to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks at the same time
Minimum entry requirements:
- Maths, English Language and ICT GCSE grades A-C*/9-4 and above (or equivalent qualification)
The exact location of future projects are unknown, but will involve some aspect of travelling for the team to get to and from each site/project as and when required.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
- Intermediate Refrigeration and Air Conditioning standard
- Apprenticeship as agreed. In company induction on starting and ongoing health & safety briefing relevant to the role and equipment used within role
- Functional Skills, if required
Be keen to develop their individual skills and be engaged with their ongoing career and skills development.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Chill Air Conditioning Ltd are a Nottinghamshire based air conditioning installation, repairs & maintenance company. We pride ourselves on professional installations with a personal touch. Our engineers, who are City & Guilds qualified, are adept at both residential and large scale commercial installations and we pride ourselves on our strong reputation for prompt and reliable service.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
8:00am - 16:30pm Monday - Friday with some flexibility depending
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Engineering Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).