Temperature & Energy Ltd are looking to recruit an apprentice to join their experienced team of technicians. An Air Conditioning Technician is a trained specialist involved in planning, preparation, installation and maintenance of space cooling equipment. buildings and locations.
An Air Conditioning Technician is a specialist occupation involved in planning, preparing and safely carrying out work activities on Air Conditioning systems in a range of locations. Once qualified a competent technician will work without any immediate supervision and liaises effectively with other trades and end users.
The role includes (but not limited to):
- Learning and mastering the installation of systems
- Positioning and fixing pipework
- Testing and fault-finding and monitoring performance to ensure systems are maintained to provide maximum performance and efficiency
A technician is required to be familiar with industry Codes of Practice and other sources of information where UK Safety and Environmental legislation are key drivers of the rapid changes in technology and processes with the sector.
Note there is sometimes a requirement to work nationally and stay overnight away from home. This would be fully expensed by the company to include accommodation and meals.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/03/2020
Possible start date: 25/04/2020
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly under pressure and to agreed deadlines and able to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks at the same time
- Able to follow clearly given instructions and demonstrate good attention to detail
- Will need to liaise and interact with a wide range of people including with team colleagues, clients and suppliers plus other trades people so excellent communication skills are an essential
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language and ICT GCSE grades A-C*/8-5 and above (or equivalent qualification).
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Advanced Refrigeration air conditioning and heat pump engineering technician standard.
Apprenticeship as agreed. In company induction on starting and ongoing health & safety briefing relevant to the role and equipment used within role.
- Be keen to develop their individual skills and be engaged with their ongoing career and skills development
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a driving licence?
The team at Temperature & Energy Ltd have you covered if you are in need of a new refrigeration system or commercial air conditioning unit for your business premises. We provide our services throughout the East Midlands and can regularly maintain and supply your air con systems when required.
The Lawns Business Centre
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 16:30pm and Friday 7:30am - 14:00pm with half hour unpaid lunch break, (with some flexibility depending on project and location).
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Engineering Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).