Aura (UK) Ltd are looking to recruit an apprentice to join their experienced team of technicians, who service, repair & maintain air conditioning, refrigeration & ventilation equipment. An air conditioning technician is a trained specialist, involved in the planning, preparation, installation and maintenance of climate control equipment.
An air conditioning technician is a specialist occupation involved in planning, preparing and safely carrying out servicing, repairs & maintenance activities on air conditioning & ventilation systems in a range of locations. Once qualified a competent technician will work without any immediate supervision and liaises effectively with other trades and end users.
The role includes:
- Learning and mastering the installation of systems
- Positioning and fixing pipework
- Testing and fault-finding
- Monitoring performance to ensure systems are maintained to provide maximum performance and efficiency
A technician is required to be familiar with industry Codes of Practice and other sources of information where UK Safety and Environmental legislation are key drivers of the rapid changes in technology and processes with the sector.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 04/03/2020
Possible start date: 14/03/2020
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly under pressure and to agreed deadlines and able to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks at the same time
- Able to follow clearly given instructions and demonstrate good attention to detail
- Will need to liaise and interact with a wide range of people including with team colleagues, clients and suppliers plus other trades people so excellent communication skills are an essential
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language and ICT GCSE grades A-C*/8-5, above or equivalent qualification.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Advanced Refrigeration air conditioning and heat pump engineering technician standard.
Apprenticeship as agreed. Company induction on starting and ongoing health & safety briefing relevant to the role and equipment used within role.
- Be keen to develop their individual skills and be engaged with their ongoing career and skills development
- A well rewarded role for the right candidate who wants to grow with a successful & developing business
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a driving licence?
Why would you like to work within this industry?
At Aura we design, install, maintain & repair air conditioning systems, industrial chillers, refrigeration equipment & ventilation plant across a varied client base nationwide.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 07.00 - 17.00 (4 days per week + day release for college training)
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Engineering Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).