Apprentice Accident Repair Technician
Straight to the Point racing build complete race cars, which involves fabrications, chassis work, rebuilding engines, rebuilding gearboxes, engine machining, component machining, full restorations, panel work, vehicle painting and race car preparation.
Currently we require an apprentice in body work- preparation of vehicles for paint, painting vehicles, filler work, panel beating and full restorations, this role would be to working alongside our current technicians.
A multi-skilled technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after a collision
Includes: MET: Air Con, Vehicle Alignment, Hybrid & Electric. Panel-repair: replacing panels, filling defects, welding, bonding, riveting, correcting misalignment and paint-surface repair.
- Undertake all aspects of the motor vehicle body repair
- Panel repair & replacement
- Mechanical, electrical and trim (MET)
- Preparation & paint
- Detect & diagnose any further repair
- Achieve full competence & qualification
- Work safely and comply with manufacturer & British Standard industry guidelines
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 15/06/2023
Possible start date: 19/06/2023
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent Maths/English 4/C or above (Essential)
Off the job, training in college will be via separate block weeks of training at Emtec College, Nottingham throughout the course of the programme.
All learners will be required to work the minimum apprenticeship duration of 30 hours per week. At least 20% of your working hours will be allocated to 'off-the-job' training. We'll support you to understand the working hours during the recruitment process.
- Level 3 Accident Repair Technician apprenticeship standard
- Level 3 British Standard Welding accreditation BS1140 & BS4872 covering the range of .5mm to 2.5mm material (to include IMI AOM009)
- MIG brazing and achieve IMI AOM133 Bonding & Riveting EC842
- Refrigerant Handling IMIAL L3 Electric & Hybrid Repair &
- Maintenance Senior Automotive Technician Accreditation
- To become a fully qualified accident repair technician and secure a full time role as a permanent member of the Straight to the point racing family
The Straight To The Point Racing is a team of craftsmen and engineers that create not only some of the most beautiful and acclaimed classic car restorations, but also some of the fastest, most competitive historic and modern racing cars. Our workshop facilities showcase an intricate attention-to-detail and a commitment to craftsmanship.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
9am-5pm Monday - Friday.
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||33 Months|
|Related course||Multi-Skill Accident Repair Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).