The role of an Administration Assistant Apprentice is primarily to support the office manager with the overall running of the school office, provide excellent and friendly customer service to visitors as well as staff and children etc.
Under the direction of the Office Manager, to provide an effective administrative support to the Academy, ensuring that records are maintained and processes are followed in a timely and accurate manner. The role will also require verbal, written and telephone communication with parents, visitors, colleagues, children and stakeholders.
Duties will include:
- Provide a professional response to telephone, email and face to face queries, referring matters on as necessary to the appropriate team members
- Undertaking reception duties, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
- Provide a comprehensive administrative support to the office manager e.g. photocopying, filing,
- printing, laminating, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence
- Updating and maintaining records in line with GDPR regulations
- Undertaking word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Undertaking Academy administrative procedures, registers, school meals etc.
- Maintaining and collating pupil records and maintaining the Management Information System
- Support the necessary administrative tasks following the appointment of new employees, including
- the creation of personnel files and conducting and recording pre-employment checks
- Updating and maintaining personnel files
- Providing support with recruitment processes
- Proving an excellent level of customer service to staff, children, parents, visitors and stakeholders
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 19/03/2020
Possible start date: 20/03/2020
The post holder will be able to:
- Demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills
- They will have a good general knowledge of ICT packages and demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
- An excellent attention to details is important due to the nature of the work
Grades 9-4/A*-C in maths and English at GCSE desirable but not essential (or equivalent).
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 - 12 months.
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 if required
This apprenticeship is 1 day per week at the college term time only 9am – 5pm with the other days based at the work place.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
We believe that every child has the right to an education that gives them the best opportunity to succeed and prosper. We know that this takes great people, hard work and attention to detail. This is a considerable responsibility and we take it very seriously. Everyone within our trust is fully committed to learning.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
8:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).