Trophy Master are looking for an administration assistant to join their growing business. This is a unique role as part of a small team in a successful business located on Wilford Lane in West Bridgford, supplying personalised trophies, medals, awards and gifts.
Assisting other members of the sales administration team, the main duties will include:
- Entering customer orders onto the company’s computerised SOP system and the engraving work schedule
- Receiving stock from external suppliers - stock arrives by carrier (4 per day)- and checking against purchase orders
- Quality control checks on stock
- Picking stock items to fulfil customer orders and passing these through to the engraving department together with the engraving instructions received from customers, for processing
- On completion of the engraving, pack goods ready for dispatch and raise documents on SOP system
- Coordinate dispatch according to customer instructions - either by post or daily carrier collection
- In the case of customer collections - contact the customer by email/telephone to advise items ready
- Filing completed customer orders/correspondence
- Keeping the stock room and engraving room in good order, clean and tidy
Other duties will involve assisting in the engraving department:
- Quality control checks on items after the engraving i.e. ensure text agrees with order and affix TM labels
- Assembly of Trophy components, including sticking on personalised centre discs and engraving plates
Post: outgoing - prepare, weigh and frank items ready for the visit to the Post Office at 4.00pm.
Carrier: outgoing - we have a daily carrier (DPD) collection at 4.00pm - prepare and enter details on computerised booking system.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 14/03/2020
Possible start date: 21/03/2020
The candidate must be:
- Hard working
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- They must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of ITC packages together with a good level of spoken and written literacy
Full training will be provided in all aspects of the position.
9-3/A*-D in maths and English at GCSE or equivalent desirable but not essential.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours, and to the college for day release.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 - 12 months
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 or 2 if required
This apprenticeship is 1 day every other week at the college term time only 9am - 5pm with the other days based at the workplace.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
TrophyMaster is a leading supplier of trophies, medals and awards. We have a retail outlet in West Bridgford, Nottingham with free car parking on site, we also have our online e-commerce website to support our business with customers throughout the UK.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am - 3.45pm
(36.25 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).