Are you interested in working for one of United Kingdom's most loved special occasion companies? Do you want to gain experience in retail and the baking and decorating industry? Do you enjoy going that extra mile for customers?
Duties/responsibilities to include:
- Maintain and comply with health and safety policy
- Assist in monitoring quality and advise management of any failure to meet TCS product quality standards
- Follow TCS procedures and recipes to produce finished product
- Communicate with customers and management to prepare and decorate custom product as required, including but not limited to wedding cakes
- Work within a team to ensure product demands are met within specified timelines
- Work independently as directed to complete individual tasks/production
- Work within the retail environment to meet the demands of our customer base
- Manage and apply creativity, communicating within the team to develop new and innovative products
- Undertake other tasks as directed by the bakery manager from time-to-time
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 06/11/2019
Possible start date: 20/11/2019
- Basic understanding of health and safety
- Basic understanding of HACCP
- Good communication skills
English, Maths, IT (grade C/D-3/4 or above) or equivalent.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Production Chef standard (Level 2)
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 (if required)
- End Point Assessment
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a full, UK, driving licence?
Do you have access to your own car?
The Cheesecake Shop UK offers a delicious range of appetisers, entrees, mud cakes, tortes, baked cheesecakes, continental cheesecakes, desserts and other fine foods to satisfy all your cravings or catering needs.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, shifts/times TBC.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).