To work as an apprentice catering assistant producing hot fresh food for the general public and events. We deliver good quality food to our customers, and we do it well. We want to be even better though. That is why we’re looking for ambitious staff to join our new team.
The main elements of the role include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure we’re sticking to compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Adapting and producing dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Involved in food innovation/product development (we do a lot of this!)
- Use catering kitchen equipment and learn to use kitchen tools and equipment correctly
- Communicate internally and externally with customers, colleagues, suppliers etc.
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness, organisation and smooth running of the work area
- Be diligent in safe and hygienic working practices
- Involved with our marketing campaigns
- Any other ad-hoc tasks
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/12/2020
Possible start date: 08/01/2021
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills. They will be able to demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
- Be ambitious and keen to develop their individual capability and career development as the business grows
- Must be a fast learner. There’s a lot of hands on skills to learn, which we’ll help you with. Useful when you pick it up quickly
A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Production Chef Standard Level 2 Standard.
- Functional Skills if required
- End point assessment as part of the programme
Potential full time role for candidate after completion of apprenticeshiship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have access to your own car and a full UK driving license?
Why do you want to work for this company?
This is a versatile role, so you will get involved in a few different areas. Ideal for someone for their first role, wanting to get involved in something early on and wanting to get some well-rounded skills in a food business.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Saturday - 8am - 2pm
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).