We like to think we’re a pretty highly rated (check us out online) growing, delivery only digital restaurant based in Nottingham. We deliver good food to customers, and do it consistently well. We want to be even better though. That’s why we’re looking for ambitious staff to join our new team.
Production chefs work as part of a team in time-bound and often challenging kitchen environments.
The main elements of the role include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure we’re sticking to compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Adapting and producing dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Involved in food innovation/product development (we do a lot of this!)
- Use catering kitchen equipment and learn to use kitchen tools and equipment correctly
- Communicate internally and externally with customers, colleagues, suppliers etc.
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness, organisation and smooth running of the work area
- Be diligent in safe and hygienic working practices
- Involved with our marketing campaigns
- Any other ad-hoc tasks
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/09/2019
Possible start date: 10/09/2019
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills. They will be able to demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
- Be ambitious and keen to develop their individual capability and career development as the business grows
- Must be a fast learner. There’s a lot of hands on skills to learn, which we’ll help you with. Useful when you pick it up quickly
English, maths, IT (Grade C/D-3/4 or above) or equivalent.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Production Chef Level 2 Standard
- To include all relevant training and end point assessment
- Duration of course – 15-18 months
- 1 Day per week to Nottingham College (Clarendon Campus)
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
We like to think we’re a pretty highly rated (check us out online) growing, delivery only digital restaurant based in Nottingham. We deliver good food to customers, and do it consistently well. We want to be even better though. That’s why we’re looking for ambitious staff to join our new team. Don’t worry we’re not after fine dining chefs! We’re into casual food!
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Wednesday - Friday 5.00pm - 10.00pm
Saturday: 4.00pm - 10.00pm and Sunday 4.00pm - 8.00pm
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£120.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|