The Black Boy Inn is an established pub with a very experienced chef who enjoys nurturing apprentice chefs. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for food and learning.
Production chefs work as part of a team in time-bound and often challenging kitchen environments.
Daily duties will include:
- Preparing, cooking & presenting dishes under the supervision of a Senior Chef
- How to keep a professional kitchen clean
- Understanding different dietary requirements
- Understanding portion control
- How to uses specialist kitchen equipment safely & correctly
- Understanding health & safety legislation and hygiene regulations
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/10/2020
Possible start date: 07/11/2020
- English, maths, IT (Grade C/D-4/3 or above) or equivalent
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation. *
* Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early. *
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Production Chef level 2 standard
- Functional Skills Level 1/2
- End Point Assessment
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a full, clean, UK driving licence?
Do you have access to your own car?
A well-established local business with a great reputation and plenty of room for advancement. We are a friendly, family run free house, situated in Heage, Derbyshire. We serve fresh, home cooked food and source our ingredients from the local area wherever possible.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 8:30pm, Sunday 9:30am- 7:30pm on a rota basis.
(38 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).