Nottingham College has a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice catering assistant to start your venture into the catering industry. Nottingham College will ensure you have support throughout you apprenticeship and help you on your catering journey.
New vacancy to join the catering team at Nottingham College. From January 2021 you will be working at our brand new campus (City Hub) in the City Centre.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Chef/Manager and team leader with preparation of food and service of food, drink and hospitality for our customers
- Set up, and clear down to set standards; preparation, serving and dining areas
- Complete any food safety and cashing up reports commensurate with role
- Help to maintain cleanliness of areas, ensuring that food safety policy is adhered to
- Position will be customer facing so good communication skills are required, applicant will need to be able use our till systems, training will be provided
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work effectively and in accordance with organisational values to achieve the College’s mission and strategic priorities and be part of our ‘One Team’ ethos
- To support, contribute to, and take personal responsibility for implementing the College’s commitment to Equality and Diversity
- To work alongside an existing team and become an active team member
- To contribute to a culture of continuous improvement through participation in the Professional Development Review process (PDR)
- To support and participate in all initiatives to ensure the College has a safe and healthy environment for all students, staff and visitors
- To carry out other duties that are required within the role as it evolves within the development of the organisation
- Aid in promoting the catering service at the College
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/10/2020
Possible start date: 01/11/2020
- Good communication skills
- Team working skills
A*-D or 9-3 GCSE in maths & English (or equivalent).
- Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours
- Undertake a DBS check to work in the college
- Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
- Production Chef Level 2 - 18months
- Level 2 Qualification
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 if required
This apprenticeship is 1 day per week at the college term time only 9am - 5pm with the other days based at the work place. Training will be day release one day a week (Tuesday) to Adams Cookery School moving to our new City Hub from January 2021.
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the Apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want a career in catering?
Nottingham College will not simply be a place where you come to study, gain a qualification and then leave. It will be a centre of excellence for teaching and learning but more than that, it will be a place where careers are made, a place where you will be given every opportunity to learn and develop a full range of skills for the workplace, and a place where you will be introduced to your future employers.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
37 hours per week (including College day) Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).