Colwick Hall Hotel is home to the beautiful Byron's Brasserie, an award-winning rosette restaurant serving afternoon tea and a sumptuous selection of dishes for lunch, dinner and Sunday lunches. Colwick Hall are offering a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to begin their career within the hospitality industry as an apprentice chef.
Day to day duties will include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities
- Produce dishes to suit individuals' specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs as required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 24/06/2021
Possible start date: 29/06/2021
- Willing to learn
- Good communication skills
9-3/ A*-D in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Production Chef Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 is required).
Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 15 month duration.
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
Do you have a full UK driving licence and access to your own car?
Colwick Hall Hotel is a magnificent Palladian style Georgian country house mansion nestling in over sixty acres of parkland. A historic building dating back to Saxon times and once the ancestral home of Lord Byron.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Range of shifts over 7 days - Monday - Sunday (TBC)
(35 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).