Oscar & Rosie's are looking to recruit a hardworking, passionate individual to support in their kitchen at their pizza restaurant in Nottingham city centre. You will become a pivotal part of the team and will be trained and mentored to achieve the level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard.
Day to day duties will include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Check, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high quality dishes according to specifications
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 23/09/2021
Possible start date: 03/10/2021
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Production Chef Level 2
Functional Skills English and maths (Level 2 is required).
Link to Production Chef Standard- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
How will you access this position on a daily basis?
Oscar & Rosie’s is a critically acclaimed independent food business that has traded in Nottingham City Centre since 2013. In addition to dine & takeaway they operate an innovative mail order business and regularly host live cultural events at their landmark space in Hockley & The Lace Market.
8 Stoney Street
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Variety of shifts - Monday - Sunday, between 9am - 11pm (TBC)
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).