East Midlands Airport are looking to recruit a hardworking catering apprentice to assist their catering team in the Escape Lounge.
The Catering Apprentice will work within the Escape Lounge team at East Midlands Airport whilst studying at college 1 day a week towards a level 2 Commis Chef qualification.
- To prepare, cook and serve high quality food for customers, ensuring that all tasks associated with food production are performed to Lounge standards and with regard for food safety regulations. Some of the preparation procedures are, but not limited to, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding
- Ensure the kitchen and product stores are effectively maintained, clean and orderly and in compliance with legislative requirements
- To work to the Lounge Standard Operating Procedures
- Comply with all legislative requirements
- Undertake a course of study on a day release programme resulting in the achievement of a recognised qualification
- Work to achieve any departmental targets that may be set for the unit as part of MAG’s values and vision
- Be committed to long term learning and self-development whilst displaying flexibility and being able to accept feedback on personal performance and areas for development
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 07/10/2019
Possible start date: 09/10/2019
- Must be a team player, able to work successfully with others at all levels by demonstrating effective two-way communication skills with peers, managers and customers
- Must be willing to learn and have a desire to achieve a recognise qualification in Catering (level 2 diploma or equivalent)
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Have the ability to seek assistance from peers and managers when required
Grades A* - D (9-3) or equivalent including English and maths.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Commis Chef Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills if required
- End Point Assessment
Potential permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you get to East Midlands Airport on a daily basis?
Manchester Airports Group (MAG) is the country’s largest UK-owned airport operator. Our three airports - Stansted, East Midlands and Manchester – serve around 44 million passengers every year. Our airports are multi-award-winning businesses responsible for directly employing, training and developing thousands of people.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday (range of shifts) From 8am to 8pm TBC.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Commis Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).