To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach. To assist with the preparation and presentation of all dishes in your allocated working area in order that guests receive efficient service and high quality dishes.
Duties will include:
- To gain a knowledge of the preparation and service of all dishes on the hotel menus
- To assist with the preparation and presentation of dishes on hotel menus
- To ensure mise en place is carried out in your allocated area of work to meet forecasted demand
- To follow portion control guidelines as directed by Superiors
- To record temperature checks on food and in storage areas, as directed, to ensure statutory requirements are met and report any variances immediately
- To ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum
- To maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and working methods
- To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment
- To report any damage or wear and tear occurring within your areas of work
- To ensure all security and control procedures laid down are strictly adhered to
- To assist with various cleaning duties as required
- To be aware of product costs and kitchen gross profit targets
- To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Health and Safety at Work and Food Safety regulations
- To attend training when required
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Health and Safety and Fire procedures
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 29/11/2019
Possible start date: 13/12/2019
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
English, maths, IT (Grade C/D-3/4 or above) or equivalent.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard.
- Functional Skills Level 1/2
- End Point Assessment
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have access to your own car?
Do you have a full, clean, UK driving licence?
The stylish and sophisticated restaurant is the perfect place to meet, eat and drink, day through to night. This popular restaurant has a lively yet relaxed atmosphere making it perfect for a catch up with friends, pre-theatre meal or a casual bite to eat. Serving lunch, dinner and afternoon tea, there's always an excuse to visit Swatch Restaurant!
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Sunday, various shifts TBC.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Commis Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
£174.00 - £328.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).