Enjoy cooking and looking to take this to the next level? The Manor are looking for an ambitious and passionate individual. You will be mentored by great chefs who will take you as far as you want to go. This is a great small team who will make you feel at home.
As an Apprentice Commis Chef, you're on the first rung of the ladder to becoming a great chef. You will complete food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of the head chef, rotating through duties such as sauce, vegetables, fish and butchery.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene
- Preparing the ingredients for a more senior chef
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- Reporting to the Head Chef
- Cleaning down and setting up
- Helping other team members when required
You will also have the opportunity to work more hours once you feel confident.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Nottingham College as part of the screening process.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 04/04/2020
Possible start date: 18/04/2020
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Due to the nature of this role, the employer has requested GCSE grades A-D/8-3 or equivalent qualifications
* Please note, that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation. *
* Please note, that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early. *
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training, you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills Level 1/2
- End Point Assessment
Nottingham College has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full-time employment.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a Commis Chef?
Can you easily access this position?
The Manor offers a classic dining experience. An established dining public house with delicious fresh seasonal menus, fine wines and real ales.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
A range of shifts: Tuesday – Saturday 9am - 9pm and Sunday 9am - 7pm.
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Commis Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).