To assist in the preparation and service of freshly produced British Tapas in the centre of Nottingham. The role will also include keeping the kitchen areas clean and tidy and adhering to the companies food safety policy.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene
- Preparing the ingredients for a more senior chef
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- Reporting to the Head Chef
- Cleaning down and setting up
- Helping other team members when required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/10/2020
Possible start date: 10/10/2020
Basic understanding of cleanliness and food production would be an advantage
GCSE A-D (9-3) or functional skills level 1
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early *
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address.
- Commis Chef Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills , maths English IT if required
To develop the learner from apprentice commis to CDP and beyond. The companies ethos is to develop and train its team members to grow with the company.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a commis chef?
How will you be getting to this position on a daily basis?
A thriving new restaraunt in the heart of Nottingham is looking for a new member of their team, if you are looking to work within our business, please apply.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
5 days out of 7 rota’d including
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Commis Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).