Forterra Group, via their wholly owned subsidiary Bison Pre-Cast, are providing an opportunity for three Apprentice Construction Design & Build Technicians to learn the functions of the design/estimating/commercial roles.
- Preparation of quotation designs
- Preparation of quotations
- Negotiation of orders
- Entry of orders onto data base
- Liaison with drawing office and customer
- Continuous improvements of processes and procedures
- Attend College on a day release basis and undertake any additional training as requested
- Take an active part in the apprenticeship review process
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 16/09/2021
Possible start date: 01/10/2021
- Working experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate and apply persuasion and negotiation skills
- Learn and develop continuously
Minimum entry requirements:
- Maths, English Language and ICT GCSE grades 8-4 (A-D*) and above (or equivalent qualification), an existing level 3 qualification in a related construction specialism apprenticeship would be advantageous and might reduce the overall duration, but would not be essential
- Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship - Construction Design & Build Technician
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why are you interested in a career in this industry?
Do you have a drivers licence and access to your own vehicle?
Forterra is a UK leader in manufactured masonry products, with a unique combination of strong market positions in clay bricks and concrete blocks, complemented by a well-rounded portfolio of bespoke construction products.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Construction Design and Build Technician - Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).