Nottingham College are looking to recruit a hardworking and ambitious advisor to join their expanding team. Flexibility is most important with the earliest start time of 8.00 am and there could be a 8.00 pm finish time when we hold our open days for students.
Duties will include:
- To support customer relationship advisors to provide an excellent first contact resolution service across the whole student journey, including reception, admissions, enrolment, information provision via various communication channels, student finance and other services required to give students the best possible experience throughout the student lifecycle at Nottingham College
- You will deal confidently with customers both face-to-face and through various forms of communication e.g. telephone, email and social media, helping you to develop your excellent communication skills
- You will contribute towards a wide range of administrative tasks related to the customer journey, which require a high level of attention to detail and organisation. You will make use of your excellent IT skills and after periods of training and support some of these tasks at times will involve cash handling
- As an integral member of the team, you will work flexibly to support various activities throughout the year, which enhance the customer experience and support the wider college e.g. careers events, open evenings, where you may support experienced customer relationship advisers to present information to customers and students
- To attend and participate in all training and development as required, including mandatory training courses, your vocational qualification in either Business Administration or Customer service and other staff development activities throughout the year
- You will work proactively to support Nottingham College colleagues throughout the Customer operations team and wider business support and curriculum teams to benefit students and employers and to enhance your work experience and portfolio of evidence required for your qualification
You will present a positive image of the Customer operations department at all times, you will therefore be expected to wear appropriate business attire whilst at work.
- To contribute to the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of the College
- Ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the college
- Deliver on key performance indicators across the College, aiming to deliver continuous improvement
- Promote the College with employers, sector bodies, schools and the local community, developing effective partnerships with employers, the funding agencies and other representative bodies
- To proactively promote Safeguarding practice, EDI and Health and Safety
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/08/2019
Possible start date: 04/09/2019
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong customer service awareness, flexibility, organisational and team working skills
- They will have a good general knowledge of ICT packages and demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
A*-D/9-3 maths and English at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours, and to the college for day release and must be able to adapt to changing demands and have a strong customer service awareness.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 - 12 months
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 or 2 if required
This apprenticeship is 1 day every other week at the college term time only 9am - 5pm with the other days based at the work place.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Nottingham College will not simply be a place where you come to study, gain a qualification and then leave. It will be a centre of excellence for teaching and learning but more than that, it will be a place where careers are made, a place where you will be given every opportunity to learn and develop a full range of skills for the workplace, and a place where you will be introduced to your future employers.
Maid Marian Way, Maid Marian Way
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday with occasional Saturday
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£144.30 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|