Sherwood Dental Care on Mansfield Road, Sherwood are looking for a friendly and caring apprentice dental nurse to join their practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a Dental Nurse. Providing chairside assistance to the dentist.
Duties that you will be fully trained to be able to complete within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre one day every 2 weeks for training planned to start Spring 2023.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/01/2023
Possible start date: 04/01/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer care skills
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 4 or C or Level 2 pass (Essential)
Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
A level 3 qualification which has been approved by the General Dental Council.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths if not exempt.
Day release is one day per fortnight at Nottingham City Hub. Dates to be advised as we run a couple throughout the academic year.
Possible ongoing employment as a qualified dental nurse at the company on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Dental practice based on Mansfield Road, Sherwood, Nottingham.
668-670 MANSFIELD ROAD
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be confirmed by the employer around the practice opening hours Monday - Friday 8.30am - 6.45 pm
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||21 Months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).