Apprentice dental nurse
A fantastic opportunity is available to work and train towards becoming a fully qualified dental nurse at the five-star rated The Melton Clinic. Within this role as apprentice dental nurse you will gain exposure to multitude of treatments and develop a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified dental nurse.
If you are looking to start your career as a dental nurse, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
The Melton Clinic provides their patients with an all-encompassing health, wellbeing and aesthetic service like no other. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Duties within the role include:
- Keeping the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy, and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions.
- Using all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order.
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available.
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients.
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed.
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies.
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received, and fitted.
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery.
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored.
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records.
- Attend and participate in practice meetings.
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice.
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Reception duties.
- Assisting the GP’s, Aesthetic doctors and wellbeing practitioners should you wish to.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/03/2023
Possible start date: 01/04/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 4 or C or Level 2 pass (Essential)
Dental Nurse Standard Level 3
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Functional Skills Level 2 in English OR Maths if not exempt.
Day release is one day per fortnight at Nottingham College City Hub. We run 2 cohorts per year.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship as a qualified Dental Nurse
Combining the expertise of its founders, The Melton Clinic in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, provides you with an all encompassing health, wellbeing and aesthetic service like no other. If you value a truly bespoke and individualised care and treatment experience, then we would love to welcome you to our clinic.
8 Asfordby Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Full range of shifts between Monday to Friday (9am-7pm)
Once a month may require on rota for Saturdays.
Total hours per week: 37.5
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).