Apprentice Dental Nurse
Beeston Dental Practice is looking to recruit a friendly and approachable Apprentice Dental Nurse, where you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry then this could be the role for you.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist in a busy dental practice.
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery.
- To be professional at all times.
- To ensure you have good communication at all times.
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times.
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues.
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort.
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices.
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use.
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 31/03/2023
Possible start date: 03/04/2023
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English/ Maths A*-C/ 9-4 (Essential)
- Dental Nurse Standard Level 3 https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/dental-nurse-v1-1
- Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
- Functional Skills if required.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for one day every 2 weeks for training.
Please note employment can start once they find the right candidate, but the next college day release will start around September/October 2023.
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Beeston Dental Practice is a modern 5 surgery mixed NHS and private practice based in Beeston, Nottingham. We provide a full range of high-quality dental treatments including general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, implants and sedation.
3 DEVONSHIRE AVENUE
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts will be allocated Monday - Friday between 8.30am - 5.30pm. On Thursdays our opening times are 7.45am - 7.30pm. So you may be asked to work in the evenings.
Total hours per week: 37
|Expected duration||21 Months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
£9,254.44 to £18,278.00 (Annually)
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).