Treeline Dental Care, based in Keyworth South Nottingham, are recruiting a friendly and approachable apprentice Dental Nurse to join their busy and professional practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a Dental Nurse. Wage will be based on age and circumstances.
**PLEASE APPLY ASAP IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, AS THE EMPLOYER IS WANTING TO FIND THEIR APPRENTICE TO START EARLY SEPTMEBER AT THE LATEST TO BE ABLE TO BE ENROLLED READY TO START COLLEGE 18TH SEPTEMBER**
Treeline Dental Care is recruiting a friendly and approachable Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Within this role you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental Nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed.
- Working chairside, with a dentist / hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 02/09/2019
Possible start date: 03/09/2019
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to multitask in an organised manner
- Ability to work on own initiative and to work as a team
- 3 GSCEs grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent qualifications) to include English and maths
Important Other Information
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy will be withdrawn early*
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions
Able to travel to the employers address easily.
Happy to attend college in Nottingham City Centre one day every 2 weeks during term time.
Training to be provided:
- Advanced Level Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard
- Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
- ERR - Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills, if required
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address
- You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training
Upon successful completion of the programme registration with the General Dental Council will be applicable to all qualified Dental Nurses.
Portray a positive image of the practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
At Treeline Dental Care is based in Keyworth, Nottingham. They take your smile very seriously, they offer state of the art treatment options, along with a fantastic hygiene service all aimed at keeping your teeth and gums healthy. From a simple check-up to a complete smile design, they are ready to help you achieve the mouth you deserve.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday – Friday - full range of hours between practice opening hours
8.30am – 6.30pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
|Salary||£156.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|