Ecocell Store Ltd based in Nottingham are keen to recruit an apprentice technician to work with their experienced team to support the new installation, repair and maintenance of various projects they are engaged with. This is a key practical technical role working at a variety of client locations.
Installation and Electrician and Maintenance Technician is a specialist occupation involved in planning, preparing and safely carrying out work activities in a range of locations.
Once fully qualified a competent technician will work without any immediate supervision and liaises effectively with other trades and end users.
With a mentor the apprentice will be learning on a day to day basis how to undertaken all aspects of:
- Domestic/commercial electrical installation
- EV Charge Point installation
- Battery Storage and other installation connected specifically with the renewal sector
A technician is required to be familiar with industry Codes of Practice and other sources of information where UK Safety and Environmental legislation are key drivers of the rapid changes in technology and processes with the sector. Attend College on a day release basis and undertake any additional training as requested.
Take an active part in the apprentice review process. Follow Health & Safety policy and procedures, including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. Use all tools, equipment, and materials safely. Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers, and clients.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/07/2021
Possible start date: 18/08/2021
- Able to follow clearly given instructions and demonstrate good attention to detail
- A safety-first approach â€“ where risks are identified, and steps immediately taken remove their impact
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly under pressure and to agreed deadlines and able to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks at the same time
- Good communication skills - as will need to liaise and interact with a wide range of people including with colleagues, clients, and suppliers
- Can understand and follow instructions
- Be flexible in work activities, locations and hours of work
- Ability to work in external environments and at height
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language and ICT GCSE grade 8-5/A-C* and above (or equivalent qualification).
Advanced Installation Electrician and Maintenance Electrician Standard.
Apprenticeship as agreed. In company induction on starting and ongoing health & safety briefing relevant to the role and equipment used within role.
Be keen to develop their individual skills and be engaged with their ongoing career and skills development Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work as a Maintenance Engineer?
Do you have any relevant experience?
We offer a complete range of all types of electrical installations from large scale projects to smaller installations, repairs and electrical testing throughout the commercial, industrial, educational and domestic sectors.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8.45 am - 5.00 pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||42 months|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).