Samworth Church Academy are seeking to recruit an added member of their administration and finance team, assisting in the maintenance of supplier records, procurement of goods and banking of academy funds.
The postholder will work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge which will assist the apprentice to complete their qualification to secure future employment and to progress in their career.
To work closely with the Finance Manager to support our aim to drive forward continuous improvements and to raise standards.
To assist in maintaining supplier records, procurement of goods and banking of Academy funds.
To provide all-round administrative support, in the areas highlighted below, to gain an overall insight into the varied and typical administrative roles at the Academy and, with support, ensure that an efficient and effective service is provided to all stakeholders at all times.
- To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection, copyright and other legislation reporting any concerns to the line manager
- To support the Finance Manager in maintaining financial records
- To maintain good general knowledge of the Academy’s systems in order to carry out duties effectively
- To process order requisitions in a timely manner, liaising with suppliers to place the order as required
- Checking supplier deliveries, liaising with staff and suppliers where required
- Daily banking of funds received by the Academy
- To undergo any training required in order to perform duties effectively
- To use IT systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner
- Assist with administrative tasks such as letters, texts and emails to parents
- Assist with other general office duties such as copying, filing and covering reception when required
- To present new ideas and contribute towards continuous improvement at the Academy
- Utilise relevant office and accounting software
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 23/05/2021
Possible start date: 30/05/2021
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
A*-D Maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Accounts or Finance Assistant Level 2
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required)
Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 15 month duration Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why did you apply for this role?
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace? Have you checked the journey?
The Academy was established in 2008 by joint sponsors Sir David Samworth and the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham. Their vision was to create an inclusive place where people and students come first and where students can be educated holistically as well as academically and leave prepared for a long and happy adult life – 70 plus great years.
Sherwood Hall Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, hours TBC.
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Finance Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).