A rare opportunity has become available at one of Nottingham's favourite restaurants who have expanded to a new restaurant. The Pudding Pantry are looking for an apprentice chef to learn the ropes and create delicious homemade dishes from scratch.
Within this role you will gain skills and qualifications pivotal to becoming a professional chef.
Working in a fast paced and busy kitchen you will gain practical experience in the day to day duties involved in working in a professional kitchen.
Duties and topics covered across the role will include but are not limited to:
- Modern cooking techniques
- Knife skills
- Plating and presentation skills
- Preparing sauces, brunch items for service, afternoon teas
- Dealing with deliveries, stock control & ordering
- Assisting on prep days and preparing ingredients for senior staff
- Allergies and intolerances
- Importance of cleaning
- Learn stock control, ordering and how to design delicious menus
- Other reasonable tasks may be assigned in order to gain more in-depth knowledge of a fast paced working kitchen environment
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 11/05/2021
Possible start date: 22/05/2021
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills
- They will be able to demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
9-3/ A*-D in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Production Chef Level 2 Standard.
- Functional Skills Level 1/2
- End Point Assessment
- This apprenticeship is 1 day per week at the college term time only 9am - 5pm with the other days based at the work place
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Employer informationThe Pudding Pantry brings together a small passionate team with an insatiable desire to provide the kind of food and coffee that will keep you coming back.
579 Mansfield Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
9am - 4pm - 4 days per week - a range of shifts (8 hour days - TBC)
(32 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).