Inspire Gymnastics are looking to recruit an apprentice to support them in their busy gymnastics academy. The primary role of the apprentice will be to support in coaching gymnastics. The employer will provide also support the apprentice to gain level 1 Coaching qualification.*Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to DBS check*
Day to day duties will include: - Demonstrate good coaching practice in accordance with the Club and British Gymnastics codes of conduct, acting as a positive role model to all gymnasts at all times.
- To assist in Talent Identification by highlighting any potential talent to the Squad Head Coaches
- To assist at competitions and club events, within the level of your coaching qualification
- To support any fundraising events organised by the club providing assistance when required
- To be aware of the range of skills covered by your qualification and not to coach skills outside the syllabus unless specifically authorised and covered by the Head Coach or Coach In Charge
- To maintain high standards of discipline within each group and encourage a work ethic appropriate to the level and potential of the gymnasts
- To help raise the standard of gymnastics at the club
- To have a responsibility for the safeguarding and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of accident or injury
- To supervise the safe dispersal of gymnasts at the end of session
- To ensure safety of gymnasts and coaches is paramount at all times. Responsible for checking equipment is safe, stable and adequately matted before use
- To actively promote the club where possible
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the level of the post, where reasonably requested by the Coach In Charge and/or Head Coach
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety and child protection together with those outlined by the British Gymnastics Association
Education & Development:
- To undertake all necessary and mandatory training required to meet the Club's Health & Safety standards
- To mentor coaches working towards qualifications if requested by the Head Coach
- To take an active approach to developing technical knowledge and coaching skills and to ensure that techniques and progressions used are up to date, by taking opportunities to attend training and development activities and to observe and work with other coaches
- To deliver structured sessions including a warm up, whole group activities and a variety of floor and apparatus based skills
- To develop gymnastics skills listed in the programme for each group using safe, structured and progressive activities
- To incorporate physical preparation activities including basic conditioning and flexibility sessions appropriate to the level of the group
- To ensure maximum use of time and space by all gymnasts
- To work alongside other coaches to ensure consistency between different classes at the same level
- To prepare and assess gymnasts for Award Schemes and deliver them effectively, accurately and regularly
- To prepare gymnasts for competitions and for display activities when required
- To become familiar with individual needs of gymnasts in each group, and adjust the programme accordingly
- To ensure each gymnast attempts only skills for which they are adequately physically and mentally prepared
- To deal with minor or routine queries and concerns from parents, refer complaints or more complicated queries to the Head Coach or Coach in Charge as appropriate. Administration
- To ensure accurate registers are kept
- To deal with accidents or injuries appropriately, reporting any accidents, illnesses, safety hazards, discipline issues or child protection concerns to the Coach In Charge or Head Coach
- To notify the Academy Manager or Welfare Officer immediately of any incidents, referrals or disclosures or if this is not possible follow the Child Protection Policy guidelines
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 22/06/2021
Possible start date: 30/06/2021
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
- Community Activator Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/community-activator-coach-v1-0
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required)
- Work based - 18 month duration
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information. Successful candidate will become a member of the British Gymnastics Association.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a full UK driving licence and access to your own car?
Why do you feel like you are a suitable candidate for this role?
INSPIRE GYMNASTICS ACADEMY
Unit 5 Charles Way
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Range of shifts Monday - Friday 4pm - 9pm, Saturday + Sunday shifts. Exact days and hours TBC
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Community Activator Coach - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).