The Hair Room are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking apprentice hairdresser to join their busy salon. The successful candidate will work towards their Level 2 Hair Professional standard.
The role of our Apprentice Hairdressers involves supporting our professionally qualified staff to provide the following services:
- Style and finish hair, set and dress hair, cut hair using current techniques, colour and lighten hair
- Advise and consult with clients, wash shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- The promotion and sales of additional services and products
- Demonstrating throughout the highest level of professional customer care
Tasks that you will learn to do as well as hairdressing/qualification will also include:
- Reception duties answering calls & booking appointments as well as meeting and greeting our clients
- Administration duties, updating client system with clients personal details and colour notes
- Stock control of products
- Selling and promoting products of interest to our clients
A routine but important task is that as an apprentice you will be expected to support colleagues and contribute to the efficient running of a busy salon including routinely carrying out housekeeping and cleaning duties (a daily task within any salon) hovering, moping, washing pots, cleaning and preparing the rooms ready for clients.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 25/01/2022
Possible start date: 29/01/2022
- Good, confident communicator with the ability to work in a busy team environment
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to work within guidelines & following established customer care practices procedures
A*-D (9-3) maths and English at GCSE or equivalent desirable but not essential
- Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week
- Level 2 Hair professional standard
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required)
For the right candidate, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there is the potential of on-going employment, development and progression within this forward thinking luxurious salon.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a hairdresser?
Do you have a full UK driving license and have access to your own vehicle?
The Hair Room is an award winning hair salon, based in the heart of Nottingham. They pride themselves on offering a light, modern, contemporary unisex salon with a welcoming friendly and professional atmosphere. The salon has been styled and designed to a very high standard and could be mistaken as a town salon with no expense spared to help you relax and unwind, leaving your hair in their creative hands.
655 Western Boulevard
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon-Sat. A range of shifts to be confirmed.
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Hair Professional - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).