Join the best! Hairven are a multi awarding winning team of angels. If you want to join the best salon in Nottingham as an Apprentice Hairdressers in our forward thinking, luxurious salon apply to us now!
Do you want to learn the exceptional and professional skills needed to become a qualified Hairdresser/Stylist whilst working at a, forward thinking and multi award winning Hair and Beauty Salon?
If so this is the job and role for you. We have 2 Hairven salons - one in Beeston (14-16 High Road, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 2JP) easily accessible by the Nottingham Tram and also Gedling - 18 Main Road, Gedling Nottingham NG4 3HP.
The role of our Apprentice Hairdressers involves supporting our professionally qualified staff to provide the following services:
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using current techniques, colour and lighten hair
- Advise and consult with clients
- Wash shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- The promotion and sales of additional services and products
- Demonstrating throughout the highest level of professional customer care
Tasks that you will learn to do as well as the Hairdressing/qualification will also include:
- Reception duties answering calls & booking appointments as well as meeting and greeting our clients
- Administration duties, updating client system with clients personal details and colour notes
- Stock control of products
- Selling and promoting products of interest to our clients
A routine but important task is that as an apprentice you will be expected to support colleagues and contribute to the efficient running of a busy salon including routinely carrying out housekeeping and cleaning duties (a daily task within any salon) hovering, moping, washing pots, cleaning and preparing the rooms ready for clients.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 14/11/2021
Possible start date: 24/11/2021
- Good, confident communicator with the ability to work in a busy team environment
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to work within guidelines & following established customer care practicesrocedures
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week.
Level 2 Hair professional standard- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/hair-professional/
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required)
For the right candidate, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there is the potential of on-going employment, development and progression within this forward thinking luxurious salon.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
Do you have a full UK driving licence and access to your own car?
At Hairven, our whole company ethos revolves around one ultimate aim: delivering 100% customer satisfaction. Whether it's from our unique customer rewards scheme, new express services and hair MOT services to our exciting and creative styles - for us nothing less than total customer satisfaction will do. At Hairven we have created a luxurious and relaxing environment with a team of highly-skilled professionals who have a passion for looking after our clients every need. From the beginning, no expense has been spared, everything was chosen in order to realise this goal.
18 Main Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Tuesday - Saturday 9am - 6pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Hair Professional - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).