A busy and successful hairdressing salon based in the Wollaton are looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the hair industry.
YMK Hair are looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the hair industry. If you are passionate about pursuing a career as a hairdresser or stylist, this a fantastic opportunity to apply for! Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments -
- Meeting and Greeting clients, making refreshments and providing hospitality
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements
Carry out hair-styling functions such as:
- Dry and style hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, Condition, Treat Hair & Scalp
- Change Hair Colours
- Set and Dress Hair
- Style and finish Hair
- Basic Hair cutting using clippers, scissors or razors This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week on a Monday for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 17/10/2022
Possible start date: 24/10/2022
YMK Hair, Wollaton opened in 2012 and over the course of the last few years, we have welcomed many new clients through our doors.
160 Russell drive
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Full range of shifts Tuesday-Saturday 9am-7pm
Total hours per week: 30
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Hair Professional - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).