Dillon & Lee is a small but busy and successful hairdressing salon based in the City Centre has an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the Hair industry.
Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments
- Meeting and greeting clients, making refreshments
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements
Carry out hair-styling functions such as:
- Dry and style hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, condition, treat hair & scalp
- Change hair colours
- Set and dress hair
- Style and finish hair
- Basic hair cutting using clippers, scissors or razors
Throughout your apprenticeship you will attend college once a week, once you are competent and have been assessed by an assessor in the workplace you will be given more responsibilities, this does take time and patience. it usually takes 3 years to complete both the level 2 & level 3 qualification.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week on a Monday for training.
40 hours per week shifts between 10:00am-8:00pm. Will work a Saturday with a Thursday off in the week.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/09/2019
Possible start date: 16/09/2019
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be willing and able to follow instructions from others
Grades 9-4 (A*-D) in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week
- Hair Professional Standard level 2
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required)
Progression within the company.
Boutique hair salon in Nottingham City Centre. We offer bespoke hairdressing services to NHS staff with an attractive discount.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Shifts between 10:00am - 8:00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Hair Professional - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£156.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|