A busy and successful hairdressing and barbering salon based in Mapperley is looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the Hair industry.
Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments
- Meeting and Greeting clients, making refreshments
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements
Carry out hair-styling functions such as:
- Dry and style hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, condition, treat hair & scalp
- Set and dress hair
- Style and finish hair
- Basic hair cutting using clippers, scissors or razors
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/10/2019
Possible start date: 23/10/2019
- Good communication skills - the post holder will have the ability to communicate with clients in a professional but friendly and welcoming manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing and able to follow instructions from others
GCSEs grades 9-3/A*-D in maths and English, or equivalent qualifications, desirable but not essential.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
For further information on the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be provided:
- Intermediate (Level 2) Hairdressing Apprenticeship Framework
- Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills, if required
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address
- You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week for training
Throughout your apprenticeship you will attend college once a week, once you are competent and have been assessed by an assessor in the workplace you will be given more responsibilities, this does take time and patience. It usually takes 3 years to complete both the Level 2 & Level 3 qualifications.
Progression within the company.
Gooseberry have been nominated top 5 independent hair salons in the country by Hair Magazine. Nominated for Hairdresser of the Year in the British Hairdressing Awards. Our Editorial work regularly features in leading consumer and Industry publications. We are dedicated to achieving perfection within our salon, and we are constantly evolving to deliver customers our very high standards in hair styling and an unforgettable enjoyable customer experience. We always ensure our staff deliver hairstyles which suits you We love new trends, but equally understand that hair has to suit the individual. Our Stylist are trained to the very highest standards to ensure your highest expectations are delivered every time.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
39 hours p/w- Monday to Saturday
(39 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Hair Professional - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£165.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|