Nottingham College are looking to recruit a hardworking and ambitious advisor to join their expanding team, to act as first point of contact for internal users and students with any IT issues via phone, email and self-service logging tools.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Be part of a strong team of IT Technicians with the ability to deal with all 1st line incidents, problems and requests effectively and efficiently
- Take responsibility for all requests, incidents and problems reported to the IT team ensuring response within defined SLAs and escalation procedures are followed
- Be an active member in the planning and development of all IT activities, contributing to the development and implementation of IT applications and knowledge base
- Work flexibly to ensure adequate resourcing of the IT team
- To ensure that all documentation is kept up to date and available to relevant users
- Be an active member of the IT team and contribute at all levels, within and without area of direct responsibility
- Manage processes for communicating with our customers to ensure timely and accurate information is relayed
- To work effectively and in accordance with organisational values to achieve the College’s mission and strategic priorities
- To support, contribute to and take personal responsibility for implementing the College’s commitment to Equality and Diversity
- To carry out other duties that are required within the role as it evolves within the development of the organisation
- To contribute to a culture of continuous improvement through participation in the Professional Development Review process
- To support and participate in all initiatives to ensure the College has a safe and healthy environment for all students, staff and visitors
- Take an active part in the implementation of ITIL and other standards
- Maintain personal and professional knowledge, keeping up to date with developments in the field.
- To participate in projects within IT and externally as necessary
- Assist the Service Manager in producing documented procedures, working towards attaining an industry recognised standard
- To contribute to the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of the College
- Ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the College
- Deliver on key performance indicators across the College, aiming to deliver continuous improvement
- Promote the College with employers, sector bodies, schools and the local community, developing effective partnerships with employers, the funding agencies and other representative bodies
- To proactively promote Safeguarding practice, EDI and Health and Safety
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 04/01/2020
Possible start date: 13/01/2020
The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills. They will have a good general knowledge of ICT packages and demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy.
GCSEs at grades A*-D/9-3 (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Intermediate apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 2 Award in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if required)
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
What is your mode of transport?
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed, relevant to the chosen Apprenticeship?
The College will take the very best bits of ncn and Central and put them together to create a brand new college for the city.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Thursday, 08:30 - 17:00 and Friday, 08:30 - 16:30.
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||IT, Software, Web and Telecoms - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).