Chrysalis Health & Beauty are offering a great opportunity for an Apprentice Laboratory Technician to join their team. Reporting to the quality manager, the apprentice has responsibility for performing analytical testing.
Chrysalis Health & Beauty based in the NG7 area of Nottingham is offering a great opportunity for an Apprentice Laboratory Technician to join their team. Reporting to the quality manager the Apprentice has responsibility for performing analytical testing to regulatory, procedural and customer requirements.
The wage is £5.50 per hour/£220 per week, this will be reviewed after 6 months.
A fantastic opportunity to join a well-established and expanding health and beauty business. You will be part of a team responsible for ensuring food safety and quality standards are maintained throughout their production process.
The successful candidate will report to the Quality Manager but may also support other departments at times.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities within the role:
- Sampling, testing and documenting materials that arrive on site
- In process testing of products under manufacture and any additional testing that is required prior to being released for sale
- Recording results and maintaining documents in accordance with the quality system
- Submission of materials for testing to external laboratories
- Following a programme of Environmental Monitoring sampling for testing both internally and externally
- Supporting in the preparation of technical documents and reports
- To support a positive culture of safety to ensure the laboratory meets all health and safety requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity for any candidate that has a genuine interest in science.
This job description provides an overview of the principal accountabilities of the post and accountabilities will include but will not be limited to those detailed.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 02/09/2019
Possible start date: 03/09/2019
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Organised and good attention to detail
- Good time management
- Able to work to deadlines and multi-task
- Able to deal with customers and visitors in a professional manner
- Happy to work as part of a team
- Analytical thinking and problem resolution skills
- Team working
- Demonstrates analytical thinking
- 5 GCSEs A*- C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths, English and Science
- Able to get to employers address easily
- Happy to attend college in Nottingham City Centre
You will complete the following on a day release basis every week at college:
- BTEC Diploma in Applied Science Level 3
- NVQ 3 Diploma in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT all at level 2 *
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities - portfolio
Some candidates may be exempt from functional skills subject to meeting qualification requirements. *
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
The company is a Nottingham based business specialised in the development & manufacture of new food supplements, ingredients and products for customers in the UK and overseas.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
8.30am to 4.30pm.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Laboratory Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
|Salary||£220.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|