Sawley Dental (near Long Eaton, Derbyshire) is looking for a friendly and caring Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a dental nurse.
The College Day Release for this course will start in Spring 2023, however, you can still go for an interview and start employment in the meantime.
Duties within the role you will be trained to do include:
- Working chairside with a dentist in a busy dental practice.
- To ensure health and safety is adhered to at all times in surgery.
- To be professional at all times.
- To ensure you have good communication at all times.
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times.
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues.
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort.
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures, drawing attention to any unsafe practices.
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use.
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the dental practice.
- Portray a professional and positive image of the dental practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/01/2023
Possible start date: 04/01/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 4 or C or Level 2 pass (Essential)
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college in Nottingham City Centre for training starting Spring 2023 for 18 months
Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing. See link below for more detail on what you will learn and aim to achieve on this apprenticeship.
Functional Skills maths OR English Level 2 if not exempt.
The potential of ongoing employment as a qualified dental nurse once the apprenticeship has been completed and a position is available at that time.
Sawley Dental is a friendly, independent family dentist that has been caring for people and their teeth since 1983. They pride themselves on high quality treatments in a caring and helpful environment.
198 TAMWORTH ROAD
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
|Expected duration||21 Months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).