Leo's Day Nursery, Arnold are looking to recruit a friendly apprentice nursery assistant to join their team at their nursery. If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Applications for Level 3 will also be welcomed.
If you are a friendly kind of person that aspires to work within the childcare industry then look no further. You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery.
Duties within the role include:
- Understand and carry out efficiently, routine tasks in the nursery
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a basic understanding of child development
- Understand and implement nursery policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children
- Write good quality observations in each area (training given)
- Learn to maintain some records of children's development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
- Other general duties as and when required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 21/11/2021
Possible start date: 25/11/2021
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Hard working
- Well organised to meet deadlines for the course
A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Intermediate Early Years Practitioner Standard.
Functional Skills if required.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
Do you have a full UK driving licence and access to your own car?
All About Children are dedicated to providing high-quality care and delivering outstanding outcomes for our children. We are looking for colleagues to join our team who have this same passion.
66 St Albans Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday between 8am - 8pm (TBC)
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Early Years Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).