If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you. This role will also include working at before and after school clubs where travel to and from these clubs will be expensed. Therefore, driving is desirable, but not essential.
If you are a friendly kind of person that aspires to work within the childcare industry, then look no further.
You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery.
Duties within the role include:
- Understand and carry out efficiently, routine tasks in the nursery
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a basic understanding of child development
- Understand and implement nursery policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children
- Write good quality observations in each area (training given)
- Learn to maintain some records of children's development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
- Other general duties as and when required
There are 2 roles available with this employer.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 05/01/2022
Possible start date: 15/01/2022
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Well organised to meet deadlines for the course
- A*-D (9-3) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent)
- Early Years Practitioner level 2
- Functional Skills if required
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in this sector?
Do you have access to your own car and a full UK driving licence?
The Lime Trees (CIC) provides childcare through nurseries and clubs with an outstanding Ofsted track record.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Working a range of shifts between the hours of 7.30am and 6.00pm. Days TBC.
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Early Years Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).